Do I need a Visa?
Check this full list of countries, who's citizens DO NOT REQUIRE visas.
How to go through the application procedure?
• International Relations Office of the chosen University inspects your documents and sends you an official letter confirming your admission to the study programme of your choice.
• International Relations Office, prepares documents necessary for Visa and Temporary Residence Permit application and sends them to the student.
• After receiving the documents, the student applies for Lithuanian visa at the nearest Lithuanian Embassy: List of Lithuania's Embassies.
In order to obtain a visa, an alien must:
1. pay a consular fee in the amount of EUR 60 for the receipt and consideration of documents for the issuance of the visa (the fee is charged at the diplomatic missions and consular posts of the Republic of Lithuania abroad).
Where a visa is issued in the Republic of Lithuania, a state fee is charged for the consideration of an application for the issuance of the visa, adoption of a decision on the issuance of the visa or refusal to issue the visa – LTL 207 (payment code – 5740), which is paid to State Tax Inspectorate under the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania (legal entity’s code 188659752) account No LT24 7300 0101 1239 4300, opened with AB bank “Swedbank”, bank code 73000.
Where an alien is exempted from a consular fee or a state fee in the cases specified by laws, he must submit the documents evidencing the circumstances under which he is exempted from the consular fee or the state fee;
- a valid travel document, whose period of validity must be at least three months longer than the period of validity of a visa requested to be issued. It must contain at least two empty pages and must be issued within the past ten years;
- a completed application for the issuance of a Schengen or national visa of the established form;
- one 35x45 mm colour photo corresponding to the person’s age;
- a valid document confirming possession of medical insurance. If applying for the issuance of an airport transit Schengen visa (A) and a national visa (D), the amount of medical insurance coverage is LTL 20 000, and if applying for a short stay Schengen visa (C) – EUR 30 000);
- the documents confirming the right to return to the country of origin or to a state whose citizen or permanent resident the alien is, or confirming the right to transit to a third country;
- where the documents for the issuance of the visa are submitted on behalf of the alien by an authorised representative of a natural person or an authorised representative of a legal person – an authorisation which has been notarised or certified in a manner equivalent to notarisation or an authorisation certified by the legal person, by an accredited tour organiser or travel agency – a contract on the provision of tourism services of an accredited tour organiser or a travel agency as concluded with the alien. In order to verify the alien’s reliability, the authorised civil servant of a visa office may require that the alien submit the documents in person;
• The Lithuanian Embassy initiates the Visa and Temporary Residence Permit issue procedure.
• After the period of time the Lithuanian Embassy informs student that his/her visa has been issued.
• A student picks up his/her visa and other documents necessary for his/her entrance to Lithuania.
• A foreigner who intends to have education in the Republic of Lithuania will be issued a Temporary Residence Permit (TRP) for one academic year. International Relations Office provides all necessary documents for the TRP when the candidate has been enrolled at the University in Lithuania.
• The student has to apply to the nearest Embassy/Consulate of the Republic of Lithuania for TRP. The person is provided with a short-term visa by the above-mentioned institution as soon as the Migration Department in Lithuania confirms his/her application for TRP (the revision of the documents may take more than 2 months). The TRP card can be obtained only upon arrival in the host country within 7 days;
• The TRP allows up to one-year stay in Lithuania, and have to be renewed before 2 months student's visa expires.
Application for VISA
60 EUR / 80 USD
TRP documents administration fee
87 EUR / 120 USD
6 EUR / 8 USD
• Migration Department: http://www.migracija.lt/index.php?-484440258
• Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania: http://www.urm.lt/index.php?1362855356